Accuracy of Information
BTC Bank strives to maintain complete, current and accurate information about our customers. Any inaccurate information that is brought to the attention of the bank will be corrected as quickly as possible after notification. Procedures will be maintained to ensure that any reported inaccuracies are promptly and effectively handled and that customer information remains as accurate, current and complete as possible.
Access to personally identifiable customer information shall be limited to employees who have a business reason to obtain such information. Employees will be educated on the importance of confidentiality and privacy of customer information. Appropriate disciplinary action will be taken against employees who violate policies or procedures relating to customer information privacy. Physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard nonpublic personal information will be maintained at all times.
Release of Customer Information to Third Parties
BTC Bank will generally only release nonpublic personal customer information to third parties where such release is consented to by the customer, necessary to facilitate or conduct customer transactions to service customer accounts or is required or permitted by law. Where appropriate, release of information will be controlled and governed by a contractual agreement between the parties that will include appropriate language regarding the confidentiality and use of information shared between the parties.
Collection, Use, and Retention of Customer Information
BTC Bank will collect and retain only information about our customers that is needed to appropriately handle customer requests for quality financial products and services, and to carry on other legitimate business purposes of the bank.
Other Information We Collect
This website uses Google AdWords & Facebook remarketing service to advertise on third party websites to previous visitors to our site. In addition to personal information you provide directly to us, we and our service providers may collect other information about you, which is collected in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by internet browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, device identifier, language, and Internet browser type and version. We may also collect your IP address, along with the time of your visit and the page(s) visited.
- Through your use of our mobile apps: When you download and use one of our mobile apps, we may collect and/or track app usage data, such as the date and time the app on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to or presented through the app.
- Physical location when using your mobile device: We may collect the physical location of your device by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower, or wireless local area network signals, as well as through the use of beacons in our branches. We may also use your device's physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services and content, as well as to understand traffic patterns in and around our branches. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such uses and/or sharing of your device's location, but, if you choose to deny such uses and/or sharing, we may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services and content. We will collect your precise physical location only with your consent. We may also collect your precise physical location in order to provide you insights and facilitate goals regarding your spending activities. You can unenroll in these services at any time.
- You can choose whether to accept cookies through your browser settings. For example, most browsers allow you to automatically decline cookies or decline or accept a particular cookie (or cookies) from a particular site when browsing. If you decide not to accept cookies, some features of the Site may not work properly because we may not be able to recognize your device and associate you with your BTC Bank account(s). In addition, the offers or content we provide when you visit our site or on third party sites may not be as relevant to you or tailored to your interests.
- Local Shared Objects, sometimes referred to as flash cookies may be stored on your hard drive using a media player or other software installed on your device. Local Shared Objects are similar to cookies in terms of their operation, but may not be managed in your browser in the same way. Restricting acceptance of Local Shared objects may impede the functionality of some Flash applications, including those used in connection with the Site including animation and video presentations. Similarly, certain authentication features of our mobile apps may set a persistent token, similar to a cookie, on your mobile device. This token allows that device to be uniquely associated or bound with your account. This token will remain on your device until you unenroll from those features or delete the app from your device.
- In some instances, we may combine other information with personal information where permissible by law and applicable industry guidelines.
We may, directly or through third parties, serve ads regarding products and services intended to be of interest to you on the Site and on third party sites or apps. We and others may use the online technologies described above to make inferences and predictions about your characteristics, interests and preferences based on your online interests and activities across other sites. We may also use technologies to associate and recognize your various mobile and desktop devices in order to deliver ads and other content in a consistent manner across the devices you use. Information we collect using the technologies described above may also be associated or linked with personal information, such as email or postal address, you provided directly to us or others.
Alternatively, personal information may also be linked with characteristics or attributes about you, such as lifestyle interests, in support of our marketing efforts. We may use, or share with others (in anonymous or non-readable form where appropriate) your information in order to better recognize you when visiting the Site and to provide relevant advertising (for BTC Bank or third party's products/services), based on your interests, on the Site, on other sites and apps and other channels including television, email and direct mail. If you opt out of interest based advertising, as described below, you will not receive such customized ads on the Site or in other places.
Both the Network Advertising Initiative and the Digital Advertising Alliance (whose principles we adhere to) provide information about and technologies to opt-out of receiving some or all interest based advertising. You can also opt-out of interest based advertising by clicking on the appropriate icon within an interest based ad which will take you to tools to help you manage these choices. These technologies are browser and device specific, they must be adopted on each device you use. If you block or clear cookies, these technologies may not work. You will continue to see ads on the Site which reflect how you use the Site and our services.
Do Not Track
Some browsers have a do not track feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. At this time, we do not respond to browser do not track signals.
Disclosure of Customer Privacy Policies
Customer privacy disclosures will be sent to all customers prior to the implementation of any significant change in customer privacy policies and practices. These disclosures will also be given to all new customers at account opening, and to any others upon request.
StormHarbour Securities LP is a member of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (www.finra.org) and the Securities Investor Protection Corporation (www.sipc.org)
StormHarbour™ Securities LLP is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.